“Music is therapy even when used for pure listening pleasure.

As we relax the body and mind, breathing becomes deeper and we are pulled into the music, where we become more focused and attuned to ourselves and the world around us.”

Raffaele Baldassaro (2008)


This blog is for you!

I would love to share your favorite songs and stories with the world, if you'll let me? :)

E-mail: musicistherapy@hotmail.co.uk


Tweet . About Me . Myspace . My Music . Youtube




Thankyou x

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Sober.

For 20 year old Primary Education student Autumn Brandon, out of the long list of songs she loves - 'Sober' means the most to her.


"I have a LONG list of songs that pick me up when I am down or just bring back memories of some great times but I think a song that holds deep meaning for me at the moment is 'Sober' by Pink off of her Funhouse album.

To me it speaks about being the person everyone knows to be the life and soul of the party, always merry and up for a laugh but really deep down they surround themselves with noise and people to escape their reality - "the quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth".

This song helped me to reflect on myself as a person and realise things about myself that I like as well as things I don't like and want to changeIt has also given me strength to move onwards and upwards when life hasn't ran as smoothly as it could." :)


Thankyou Autumn for sharing your song! :)


Although I hadn't heard this song before today (shameful I know) 
I will probably be adding it to my 'bad day playlist' very soon!

Check out the video below :)



Thanks for reading :) xx

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of this song before reading this post..this song deffo puts things into perspective x

    ReplyDelete