“Music is therapy even when used for pure listening pleasure.

As we relax the body and mind, breathing becomes deeper and we are pulled into the music, where we become more focused and attuned to ourselves and the world around us.”

Raffaele Baldassaro (2008)


This blog is for you!

I would love to share your favorite songs and stories with the world, if you'll let me? :)

E-mail: musicistherapy@hotmail.co.uk


Tweet . About Me . Myspace . My Music . Youtube




Thankyou x

Monday 20 December 2010

Greatest.

So I had the huge privilege of seeing Lady Gaga last Friday at the O2.


She was nothing short of amazing! 
Probably one of the best performances I have ever witnessed!

Anyway, I'd just like to share a song with you that makes me smile. This song isn't featured on any of her albums or singles. As it hasn't been released before it is still 'demo quality' (so I apologize - it's not amazing).

The song is called Greatest. I have no idea nor have I been able to find the true meaning behind the song but the reason why I have chosen to include this song in my blog is because of these lyrics:

"I don't know why you hurt inside
Or what was said to make you cry
I hope that you can see you are
The Greatest thing to me

And when, you're feeling like you're not enough
I'll give you wings; I'll lift you up
I hope that you can see you are the greatest
Greatest thing to me."


These lyrics always make me feel better on a bad day :)


As cliche as the lyrics appear, they still speak to anyone who is unhappy. Because the cause of the person's distress has not been identified.


I like this initial uncertainty portrayed by Gaga as I feel the song can provide general comfort to pretty much anyone having a bad time!  

Check out the song below!


P.S Happy Christmas Everyone!
Hope you have a good'un!


& I'll be back just after the New Year to post another story!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment