“Music is therapy even when used for pure listening pleasure.

As we relax the body and mind, breathing becomes deeper and we are pulled into the music, where we become more focused and attuned to ourselves and the world around us.”

Raffaele Baldassaro (2008)


This blog is for you!

I would love to share your favorite songs and stories with the world, if you'll let me? :)

E-mail: musicistherapy@hotmail.co.uk


Tweet . About Me . Myspace . My Music . Youtube




Thankyou x

Friday 8 October 2010

Introduction Pt II.

I just felt the need to add to the introduction and start by introducing myself properly!


The name is Jenny Greenway.
I'm 20. A student. From London






Hi :)





I have created this blog for like-minded people to share their thoughts, stories and favorite songs. I'm currently at University at the moment studying Commercial Music Performance - which I love but I am also really interested in music, psychology and therapy too. 

As an aspiring music therapist myself, I really like the idea of how music can provide therapy for anyone at all and how we all respond differently to different songs. We all have favorite songs which can make a bad day a better day and it's been really lovely with the stories I have gathered so far. As not only am I learning about other people but also my music taste is kind of evolving, from being shown songs that I never even knew existed!

 Although I can't write about every single person in the world, I'd love to cover as many stories & songs as possible. And it's not just the stories that fascinate me but as I said there are some songs out there that are great but don't get the recognition they deserve!

Therefore, this is the place to not only share your experiences but also music that you think other people should listen to too!





Thankyou! (whoever you are) for reading :)!




Just to clarify, this blog is about YOU 
- but I will express my opinions regularly and only in a positive way.




Anyway, here's a few things I'd like to share about myself:


I sing, play guitar, bass, ukulele & a bit of keys
no drums here.


Check out me myspace. Ta x




My newest addition to my instrument family is none other than..



yep. It's a Hello Kitty guitar :)


Oh. & I played at Somerset House in July 2009 :)
-

err and now all that is irrelevant to music and the like...



Diet Coke is necessary for essay writing.


I'm a short person; 5ft2. Yay!


My cat is hilarious!


I'm terrible at Top Golf.


I love tea, green tea and lattes.


Reading Festival '10. Was a blast!


I drive :)


Aha! Randomness is a must in my life.


Food is amazing :)


Oh and so is sleep!


Finally, my desk is NEVER this tidy.

Amongst many, many other things!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment